๐ถ You Must Have Been a QT BIPOC/'Cause BIPOC, Look at You Now* ๐ถ, or, Spells Like Two-Spirit
*After Harry Warren and Johnny Mercer, Bing Crosby, &c.
In the thumbnail bio for one of the faculty at a local "BIPOC" retreat, "a biculturally Black somatic decolonial Black feminist", &c., Uncle Scott notes the use of the expanded acronym QTBIPOC. Since it can be a full-time job, and a most exhausting one at that, keeping up with these things, that you may continue to signal your virtue and prove to the self-anointed "victim"-activist front groups that, like them, you too are on the side of the angels, Unc has, with the help of Google AI, appended below a handy cheat sheet, along with, dare he forget, his preferred pronouns or at least amateur nouns. It's the least Uncle can do.
Your ever-avuncular influencer,
D.S. "Uncle Scott" "Two-Spirit" Lahti (DSL.)
Me/Myself/And I
Author, The Men From: (and the Women To:) U.N.C.L.E. S.C.O.T.T.: Forwarded Secret Messages from the Spy Days of My Espion Age
If I Don't Grow Up, I Want to Be Just Like You: A Man-Child's Letters to Uncle Scott
QTBIPOC stands for Queer, Trans, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. It is an acronym used to describe individuals who sit at the intersection of marginalized gender identities, sexual orientations, and racial or ethnic backgrounds.
Breakdown of the Acronym
Q: Queer or Questioning
T: Transgender
BIPOC: Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
(Note: Some variations, such as QTIBIPOC or QT2BIPOC, also explicitly add an "I" for Intersex or "2S" for Two-Spirit).
Why the Term is Used
Visibility: It highlights specific, overlapping forms of discrimination—such as racism combined with queerphobia and transphobia.
Centering Voices: It ensures that Black and Indigenous experiences are not lost inside a broad "people of color" or mainstream white-dominated LGBTQ+ narrative.
Would you like to find local community groups, mental health resources, or support networks tailored for QTBIPOC individuals in the area?
DSL.: No, thank you - as Woody Allen's Alvy said to Annie Hall's creepy brother Duane (Christopher Walken), "I have to—I have to go now, Duane, because I, I'm due back on the planet Earth*."
*Which latter, as the late David Bowie's early and presumably even later 'cos trapped in space Major Tom reminds us, ๐ถ "is blue/And there's nothing I can do-o-o-o-o-o ... (cue handclaps, &c.)" ๐ถ **
**Too soon?
Comments
Post a Comment